Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Decorator's Show House by Elle Ellinghaus Designs


My favorite part about my job is getting back images from a photo shoot of my vintage finds, and in this case one of my favorites!  Elle Ellinghaus of Elle Designs asked if she could use some of my items in her room redo at the historic Rockfield Manor. Elle got the living room, the biggest room in the house and the transformation was amazing! So light, so airy and so much eye candy!! A soft palette of creams, golds, mint green, and a pop of purple, it made ya just wanna sit down and have a dinner party right there! I even "loaned" her my fav find ever.....my purple tufted French settee, that is my baby!! The one piece I told Elle she had to put a "No Sale" tag on. There are some things I just can not and will not part with. Luckily many of my other items did sell, like my vintage brass telescope I found at a flea market a few weeks prior. That was one of those pieces you bring home to resell and then it kinda grows on you, and before you know it, you contemplate keeping it. Story of my life! Sometimes you just have to let go....and make it worth not keeping! The best part....20% of the proceeds were donated to the Cancer Foundation, so how could I not be happy it sold after that?

Rusty Love- Purple French Settee, Brass Telescope, Brass Deer, Brass Kittens, Florentine Nightstand, Florentine Nesting Tables, Mantel, Florentine Tray, Mid Century Feather Glasses
Design & Styling- Elle Ellinghaus of Elle Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment